A Special Message From Our Publisher
Greetings friends, family, advertisers and community partners,
Over the past five years, Focus Mid-South has captured the soul of the LGBT+ community in Memphis and beyond. We’ve laughed, we’ve cried, we’ve learned, we’ve grown. Our brand has solidified our community, and that gives me a great sense of pride and joy.
Like many businesses over the past few weeks, we have been monitoring situations and making adjustments to our operations. We started with safety by making sure our staff could work remotely from home. Next, we made the difficult decision to publish a digital-only version of our next issue, May/June 2020 – The “Pure Memphis” issue. We also have paused production of our re:focus podcast until July 2020 to protect our hosts and guests.
We also added more to our digital footprint. We have been sharing more content on our website, social media, and through our newsletter. We feel that as we adjust to what is happening around us, we will safeguard our publication. We are committed to educating, informing, and featuring folks our community. Our focus is on our readers and how we serve our community now and in the future.
We love you, Memphis. Without your continued support, we would not be here. This is why we have a simple ask of you. Support us now, more than ever. But how do you support us? Well, we have lots of ways and most of them do not cost you a single cent.
Here are ways you can support:
- Read and Post About Our Publication – Select restaurants will be including a copy of Focus in their pick up and delivery orders. See the restaurant list on our Facebook page. Drop us a selfie of you reading Focus and use the hashtag #focusmidsouth
- Visit Our Website – We have a great site that is full of YOUR stories. Rediscover a favorite today. Visit focusmidsouth.com.
- Read Our Virtual Issues – We have nearly 5 years of content visible digitally online. Visit focusmidsouth.com/virtual-issue.
- Share Our Content on Social Media – Like us on Facebook. Follow us on Instagram (@focusmidsouth) and Twitter. Comment on our posts. Share them. Engage with us. Tell us what you think!
- Patronize Our Advertisers – These businesses are ones that support you. Support them!
- Sign Up for our E-Newsletter – Be in-the-know and get our news delivered directly to your inbox! Sign up on our website. (It’s at the very bottom of the main page)
- Become a Contributor – Write for us. Send us photos. Share your stories with us. We want to show Memphis and everyone else what we’re made of. Email email@example.com.
- Donate to Our Cause – Our awards ceremony, Focus Awards 2020, is an annual fundraising event in August (TBD). Make plans to attend and support. Visit awards.focusmidsouth.com.
- Buy a Subscription – For only $25 per year, you’ll receive 6 print issues, delivered right to your mailbox. You’ll stay informed about the Memphis LGBT+ community, and you’ll support local journalism.
Thanks for being a friend of Focus. We’re proud to be the premier source of LGBT+ stories in the Mid-South. With your support, we will get through this crisis together, and stronger than ever.
Ray Rico, Publisher
Focus Mid-South Magazine