Dear Valued Friends, Supporters, and Patrons of Playhouse on the Square,
The safety of our patrons, staff, artists, teachers, and volunteers is of utmost importance, and we at Playhouse on the Square (Circuit Playhouse, Inc.) have been adjusting our plans to confront the challenges of COVID-19 on a daily basis based on information from the CDC, WHO, Shelby County Health Department, City of Memphis, and the State of Tennessee.
With 18 productions on 3 stages, 2 school touring productions, and 13 education and outreach programs, reaching 10s of 1000s of people yearly, there are many moving parts, and we strive to present our offerings with as little disruption as possible.
This past weekend, the CDC issued new recommendations, and we will be implementing the following courses of action:
• Beginning on 3/16/20, we will be cancelling remaining performances of The Book of Will; Ain’t Misbehavin’; Schoolhouse Rock Live; The Ant and the Grasshopper; and Days of Rage through May 7, 2020.
• We will push the entire run of Little Shop of Horrors 1 or 2 weeks later to run May 8 through May 31 or May 15 through June 7.
• We will shorten the run of Mississippi Goddamn by opening one week later to run June 12 through June 28.
• We will push the entire run of Something Rotten 1 week later to run June 26 through July 12.
• St. Paulie’s Delight’s run will retain its current schedule, July 10 through July 26.
• After School Acting Program (ASAP) and Theatre School will be cancelled until the Fall.
• TnT and PlaySlam will be postponed to a later date.
• Summer Youth Conservatory programming will retain its current schedule.
• The 43rd Annual Original Art Auction, scheduled for April 25, will be postponed until Summer or Fall of 2020.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and we hope that you will continue to support Playhouse on the Square as we endeavor to confront both the health and economic challenges to our patrons, staff, teachers, and volunteers.
If you have tickets for upcoming cancelled performances, our Box Office team will be reaching out to you to change your reservation to another show, issue refunds, or process your payment as a donation should you prefer that option. Our Box Office (901-726-4656) will maintain normal business hours until further notice.
For updated information concerning shows, classes, and events, please visit our website www.playhouseonthesquare.org or our FaceBook, Twitter, and Instagram pages.
You may also contact Michael Detroit, Executive Producer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Michael L. Detroit
Playhouse on the Square
901-937-6464 * email@example.com